Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm a Fan....but Damn!!


OK so while scoping out one of the million Twilight fan sites a few months ago I came across an article that to this day still has me scratching my head. It was mentioned again today which was what got me to thinking ( a dangerous habit for me....but oh well) Someone has taken the first installment of the Twilight Saga and broken it down to help college bound juniors and seniors break down the complicated vocabulary that is Stephenie Meyers Twilight.

Now if you haven't read the books, please don't let this discourage you. I promise you don't have to be a member of MENSA to understand what is going. Having said that if you have read the books you are probably asking the same question I did..."WHAT THE HELL?? - How complex was the vocabulary that it A) needs to be broken down and B) has a shot of appearing at any point in the near future on the SAT and being the deciding factor on whether or not you make it into college.

Quite possibly the best response to the original post came from a very dear friend of mine...who upon learning of this took to the boards to post her take on this educational masterpiece.


Interesting.....

chapter 1.....glowering.....murmured......
chapter 2.......glowered......murmuring
chapter 3......glower......murmur
chapter 4....vampire......glowered....murmured
chapter 5.....blood....vampire.....glowering...murmuring
chapter 6.....absurd......blood....vampire.....glower....murmur
chapter 7.....obtuse......absurd......blood....vampire.....glowered.....murmured

No comments:

Post a Comment